‘Tis the season to travel. And, because airport kiosks and gas stations don’t exactly scream health food, we’ve rounded up a list of our top 10 go-to snacks for the road or the air (or your desk). Vegan, relatively healthy, and, for the most part, readily available: because
Top 10 vegan snacks
- Pita chips (hummus optional). It would be a lie to say that there isn’t at least one bag of Stacy’s pita chips in the Ora office at all times. Want to make your snack more well-rounded? Pair the chips with your favorite flavor of hummus to add some protein and fat to your snack.
- Sabra hummus. Bonus: most airport newsstands now sell single serving packs of hummus that come with pretzel chips. For if/when pita chips aren’t available and you need something super on-the-go friendly.
- GoMacro bars. Given that these babies are pretty much everywhere (and in every flavor imaginable) they’re a relatively failsafe, and tasty, option. 3. Dried fruit, especially of the no-sugar-added variety. Hit up that bulk section before departing for your trip for the most cost-friendly options. No time? Dried apples and mangos garnish the walls of even the remotest of convenience stores these days. Get you some.
- The Chia Co. Chia Pods. Coconut milk and chia seeds plus whatever flavor you choose. Simple and delicious! Ideal for travel (they come with their own spoon device) or for the days you forget to make your own chia pudding ahead of time. Perfect paired with…
- Purely Elizabeth Granola. Salty, sweet, crunchy, and delectable. ‘Nuff said.
- Unreal peanut butter cups. (Un)really good. Because every self-respecting snack list has at least one sweet treat (and you simply can’t go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter).
- Honest Snaps Lightly Salted Pea Chips. Who says you can’t have your chips and eat veggies too? Not us. Also great with hummus (but what isn’t).
- The Complete Cookie. We’ve also been known to eat a Complete Cookie from time to time – especially at
5amen route to an all-day, vegan food festival in LA. Found in just about every gas station, these giant meal replacement cookies simply hit the spot sometimes (and are almost just slightly too convenient).
- Justin’s Almond Butter. Nut butter for the WIN. Those single-serving squeezy packs are totally a TSA-friendly size. Not only that but some (hip with the times) airport terminals even sell them! Pair with a banana for optimal enjoyment.
- An Apple. The OG snack food. Just can’t argue with that.
Originally published at: www.ora.organic